Install Zoom Software
We recommend using the Zoom desktop client and having the Zoom mobile client on a mobile device, such as a cell phone, as a backup. Follow the steps below to install the appropriate Zoom software for your device and to authenticate to Stanford's Zoom environment using single-sign on (SSO).
1. On your computer, use a browser to go to Stanford Zoom, click the Download link which appears in the header at the top page, and download and install the Zoom Client for Meetings.
For iPhone or Android users, use your mobile browser to go to Stanford Zoom, click the Download link, and then navigate go to the App Store or Google Play to download and install the Zoom Mobile App.
2. Once Zoom Client for Meetings is installed, launch Zoom. (Click Sign In if needed.)
3. On the Sign-in pane, click Sign in with SSO which appears to the right.
4. On the Single-Sign-On pane, for company domain, type "stanford" and click Continue.
5. Unless you have already authenticated with your SUNet and password, a Stanford Web-Authentication pane appears. Type in your SUNet ID, password, and click Login.
That's it! Zoom is set up to work with your Stanford credentials. (Note that you may periodically need to re-enter your credentials.)
Now that Zoom is installed, follow the steps in Check Your Setup to join a test meeting to test your video and audio.