Check Your Setup
Follow these steps to join a Zoom test meeting and test your video, speakers or headphones, and microphone in Zoom.
Join a Test Meeting
Open the Join Meeting Test link in a new tab or window, click the Join button, and follow the prompts to test your web camera, microphone and speaker. If your system is working properly, you will--
- See the image from your web camera;
- Hear a recorded tone play;
- Hear your voice played back.
Check Another Web Camera
While in the Zoom test meeting, you can check any other cameras, microphones, or speakers you may have.
To check an additional camera, make sure the camera is connected (if external), and follow these steps.
1. Click the arrow on the right of the Start/Stop Video button.
2. Select the name of the other camera you would like to check. If the name of an external camera does not appear, check the connection. Sometimes restarting Zoom or your computer is necessary for a camera to appear.
Check Another Speaker and/or Microphone
1. Click the arrow on the right of the Mute button.
2. Select the name of the speaker or microphone you would like to check. If the name of an external microphone/speaker does not appear, check the connection. Sometimes restarting Zoom or your computer is necessary for an external device to appear.