Install More Software
Main content start
- Log in to a cluster computer. Then open the Stanford AppStore on the user dock.
- In the Stanford AppStore, search for “Homebrew” and click install in the “Install Homebrew Packages” policy.
- On the next page, click on the "Install" button again and then enter the Homebrew package name (from https://brew.sh).*
- Lastly, wait for the application to finish installing and a pop will show up with a log of the installation results. Once successful, you should be able to find the application in Finder under the Applications folder. For command line apps you can access them in the Terminal app.
* Note: Not all Homebrew packages will work on the cluster computers and LTS Technical Systems does not support any of the user installed homebrew packages. For support for those packages, please contact the developer of those packages.