The Tech Desk is staffed with friendly and knowledgeable Stanford students who are ready to help you. Whether you need equipment, want to use a recording studio, pick up a poster, or edit a media project, the Tech Desk has you covered.
- All equipment is free for students to check out.
- Most are due by 5 pm the next day. Late fees do apply.
- All patrons must sign the Patron Agreement Form in advance of check out. Complete the form at the Tech Desk or send a signed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Some equipment is available on a walk-in basis.
- Other equipment can be reserved in advance and used for up to a week.
Find a list of equipment you can reserve in advance at the Patron Portal.
Tech Desk Support
Getting Started with Digital Media Production
Tech Desk student staff members are trained in the basic use of digital media equipment and software. If you need a quick orientation on how to use a special camera or how to get started editing a video, just ask. We are happy to help!
Guides are available for those who have questions on how to use equipment.
Students can also take advantage of Stanford’s subscription to Lynda.com, which has a wealth of instructional videos on digital media production as well as other topics.
Visit Stanford Lynda website to authenticate with your SUNet ID in order to access the subscription.
Tech Desk and other VPTL student staff members periodically offer workshops in the Learning Hub. Keep an eye on our homepage or ask when you visit the Tech Desk.