Get Help with Away-from-Campus Internet
Need to troubleshoot issues with your internet service?
Try these tips.
- Contact your internet service provider. Make sure that you are receiving the best possible speeds, and there are no issues with your router.
- Try connecting directly to the router with an ethernet cable.
- Negotiate with other users in the household to share limited access.
- Try these Common Fixes for Home Networking Issues from University IT.
Need to find or change your home internet service provider?
Follow the steps below to see if there is a local ISP that will work for you.
See if one of these providers is offering free or low-cost access in your location.
- AT&T Access
- Comcast Internet Essentials
- Connect2Complete by Cox
- HBC in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- Optimum by Altice. Call 1-866-200-9522.
- Sonic in many communities in California.
- Suddenlink by Altice. Call 1-888-633-0030.
- TDS Call 1-888-287-8156.
- Xfiniity WiFi has made 1.5 million wifi hotspots available.
Other options are listed here: Internet Options for Low and Fixed Income Households
Tried Everything Already?
If none of the options above works for you, take our Connection Assessment, and we'll be in touch.