Peer Technology Specialists (PTSs) are trained student positions providing tech support to both undergraduate and graduate students, under the supervision of VPTL staff. We are available online or in person at The Hub.
Typical help requests include:
- Resolving device registration issues
- Troubleshooting network connections (both end-user devices and wifi/wired issues)
- General computer consultation
- Graduate student specialized software needs
- Reporting issues and making recommendations to campus partners (University IT, Printing Team, etc.)
We do not provide hardware repair or replacement nor do we provide data recovery services.
For current summer support hours: https://thehub.stanford.edu/spring-get-tech-support
For assistance or to schedule an appointment:
Walk-in support is also available.
Interested in joining our team as a Peer Technology Specialist? Find out more.