Get to Know Zoom
To join class meetings, you must set up Zoom with your Stanford account. Follow these steps to install and configure the latest version of Zoom on your computer and mobile device(s) using your Stanford account.
Be aware that instructors may share links to Zoom meetings in a variety of ways including--
- In Canvas via the Zoom tool, on the Canvas Calendar, or through a Canvas event notification email
- On a course web page
If you need immediate help logging in to Zoom, call 650-725-4357 and select Option 5.
For non-urgent help, contact a Peer Technology Specialist.
Be guided through installing Zoom and setting up authentication for Stanford's Zoom environment.
Make a plan to overcome issues with low bandwidth.
Customize your Zoom settings.
The Zoom Help Center offers detailed information and user guides. Here are some you may find helpful.
- Upgrade / Update to the Latest Version
- Changing the Video Layout (Active Speaker View and Gallery View)
- Pin Video (focus on one video in a group, such as the instructor's video)
- Hiding or showing my video on my display (turn off your own video pane)
- Frequently Asked Questions