Tech Desk Consultant
Tech Desk Consultants are responsible for providing friendly and knowledgeable assistance to users of the Lathrop Learning Hub and other Learning Environments' spaces in Lathrop. They are quick learners who exhibit an interest in helping people by assisting them with our technology resources. Consultants are well aware of the importance of excellent customer service and keeping up to date with the latest technologies and services the Learning Hub has to offer.
- Be the most visible public face and representative of VPTL Learning Environments.
- Work a minimum of 8 hours a week during the academic year at The Tech Desk with a team of fellow Consultants.
- Provide excellent customer service and technology assistance to Stanford students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
- Complete training modules every quarter to increase multimedia skills.
- Check out Macbooks, DSLRs, HD camcorders, external hard drives, and other equipment to users with valid SUID cards.
- Provide help with image, audio, and video editing questions in the Lathrop Learning Hub.
- Process and print on-demand posters through our Epson Stylus 9690 wide-format printer.
- Attend regular staff meetings to discuss Tech Desk matters and troubleshooting strategies.
- Maintain a professional, functional, and clean work environment in the Lathrop Learning Hub, 24hr Space, and Digital Language Lab.
- Assist patrons with using checkout equipment and equipment and software in the Lathrop Learning Hub.
- Commit to at least an 8-hour weekly work schedule during the academic year.
- Work at least three consecutive quarters to build optimal proficiency. (Summer may be excluded.)
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Love working with and helping people, even if they are strangers.
- Extremely responsive to email, texts, and phone calls.
- Experienced in or willing to learn customer service (formal or informal); a mature and responsible attitude.
- Willingness to learn new things and to work on short-term projects as assigned.
- Willingness to complete Multimedia Services Qualification modules every quarter of employment. The modules include PhotoShop, 3D Printer, FinalCut Pro X.
- A cell phone or other mechanism to be contacted during work hours.
- Reliable and prompt to scheduled shifts.
Training is included, but tell us about any experience you have with--
- Mac OS X and Windows computers, OS navigation and file management.
- Stanford computer clusters (Lathrop, Old Union, residential).
- Stanford's printing systems (e.g. troubleshooting failed print jobs).
- Photoshop, such as scanning documents and film, manipulating images, understanding od various file formats (PSD, JPG, GIF, PNG, PDF).
- iMovie/Final Cut Pro, such as shooting and editing video, understanding of various file formats and codecs (MOV, AVI, DV, MPG, H.264).
Pay: Starts at $15.50/hr
Duration: Academic Year and Summer
Contact Email: email@example.com